Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to mortify an overweight teenager


My high school held an awards ceremony at the end of every year to celebrate the accomplishments of the students. They never told you what award you would be receiving in advance, but instead simply sent an invitation to the event. I had received awards in years past, but always for academic achievements.



Unfortunately in 1991, I received an award for "Outstanding accomplishment in gym." As a 250+ pound teenager, let's just say I wasn't thrilled with walking down the aisle to share that particular spotlight.

I laugh about it now - but it's still an ironic, head shaking dismay paired with a groan. :-)

1 comment:

Cyndee said...

Lori -- that cannot be YOU in that picture! The perm is just too much (so 80's). But hey, Lori, you are a real hero to anyone who aspires to lose weight. You're beautiful!