Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'd like to check a bag of groceries please


Everytime I head back to the US, I go to Wegmans to get my fix. I was hoping to find a Bacon Chocolate bar like a co-worker had found - but instead I found the usual suspects. Oatmeal, bagels, and Orbit chewing gum.

I threw it all in my luggage and brought it back to Amsterdam with me as a checked bag. I get three 70 pound bags checked free with United, so it's a very economical way to get food - if you're willing to give sweat equity. Hauling a bag of groceries around is tough work.

At least once I've been known to stand in a Wegmans parking lot with a bathroom scale, balancing foods between 2 bags to make sure each one was within the weight limits. You may think I'm crazy - and you'd be right. This is the same girl who used to fly a backpack of dirty laundry home to mom's when she first moved to DC and went back to Rochester for a visit :-)

My favorite part of unpacking is looking for the "TSA searched your bag" slip. It never fails to get opened. The flying public will be safe knowing my corn torillas aren't harmful :-)

No comments: