Monday, April 27, 2009

No back yard? No problem.


One thing I've noticed as I walk home each night is the large number of families and couples sitting in chairs (or at full size dining room tables) on the sidewalk. But they're not out at a cafe. They're sitting in front of their house! Typically I see neighbors having a drink or reading a book while soaking up the sun - but sometimes it's a full on dinner party.

Having a few friends over is great - but it's strange to me to see the entire dinner party sitting at a table on the sidewalk. I feel like I'm interrupting their party when I walk by, even though they don't seem to notice me.

I guess that's just the way life goes in a big city. No back patio? No deck? No problem. You soak up the sun any way you can - even if that means dragging your furniture into the streets.

No comments: