Sunday, September 28, 2008

A week in Cologne, Germany


After Oktoberfest, Brett and I traveled to Cologne, Germany where I attended a tradeshow called Photokina. It's the largest photography show in the world, with about 160,000 attendees. We were in Hall 5, so every morning I was able to practice my limited Germany by saying "Halle funf bitte" or "Hall 5 please" to the taxi driver.

This was my 4th Photokina but I'm always struck by the beauty of the town. The gothic cathedral towers over the town and the Rheine, and I was lucky enough to have a view of both from my hotel. Unfortunately for my boss, he had a view of another brick building - but I wasn't about to switch rooms :-)

1 comment:

ljc said...

Hi Lori! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye! Check this out. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljc_pics/2900287677/